MMP Partner Membership:
To be eligible for MMP Partner Membership, a program must reside in the State of Nebraska or serve youth in the State of Nebraska and offer a formal youth mentoring program. To show they’re offering a formal mentoring program, the organization must complete an MMP Partner Member Binder to demonstrate all Elements of Effective Practices for Mentoring 3rd Edition benchmark standards have been met in their program practices. Formal mentoring follows the following standard:
Formal Mentoring encourages developmental relationships to help the mentored participants realize their full potential and define their own vision for the future. It is structured to intentionally have a positive impact on the socio-emotional competency of the mentee, with additional goals of improving school attendance, educational outcomes, and community responsibility. It adheres to the six evidence-based standards addressing mentor and mentee recruitment; screening; training; matching; monitoring and support; and closure, as outlined in the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring, 3rd Edition. Those engaged in formal mentoring relationships have a goal of meeting 4 hours per month, with a minimum of 24 hours, over a period of one academic or a calendar year.
Types of Formal Mentoring include:
- One-to-One Mentoring places one adult in a relationship with one youth.
- Group Mentoring involves a mentor-to-mentee ratio of no higher than 1:4, with the same one mentor being matched with the same mentees.
- Team Mentoring involves several mentors working with small groups of mentees, with the mentor-to-mentee ratio of no more than 1:4. The same group of mentors must be matched with the same group of mentees.
- Peer Mentoring places one youth in a structured mentoring relationship with another youth.
Requirements of MMP Partner Members:
- Regular attendance and representation at all MMP events including but not limited to: Annual Mentoring Summit, monthly Provider’s Council meetings (must attend 75% annually), Provider’s Council committee meetings (must attend 75% annually). Special consideration for meeting attendance will be given to programs who reside outside of the Omaha Metro area.
- A representative from each Partner Member agency must sit on and be active in at least one committee. Current committees include: marketing, events, data collection, training, and policy. All committees are elective with the exception of the policy committee. Seats on the policy committee are assigned by MMP staff commensurate with experience. Organizations with more than 150 mentor matches will be required to have staff members sit on two MMP committees. Special consideration for committee meeting attendance will be given to programs who reside outside of the Omaha Metro area.
- Submit a signed indemnification contract releasing MMP of all liability relating to your mentoring activities.
- Must be a youth serving organization. Youth serving organizations are defined as mentoring individuals 25 years of age or younger, which can include mentoring programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities as long as the program includes individuals under the age of 25 and family mentoring where there are minor children present.
- Be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or working under the umbrella of an existing nonprofit organization.
- Timely submission of all data reports based upon deadlines and data criteria set forth by the MMP data committee.
- Pay membership dues (see sliding fee scale).
- Approved and completed Partner Membership Binder, along with an MMP Membership Form (see MMP Membership Form) which includes:
- Copy of IRS determination letter
- Annual operating budget
- Detailed budget for mentoring operations (not including overhead)
- Organizational 3-year sustainability plan
- Proof of insurance liability coverage for all mentors including child abuse and molestation coverage
- Proof of insurance liability coverage for all staff and board of directors
For more information on Partner Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view information on Candidacy Membership, please click here.
To view information on Friends of MMP, please click here.
MMP Current Partner Members Include: