Friend of MMP:
Friends of MMP represent a broad range of program models, including those that are newly established within a larger nonprofit agency or school, small and/or grassroots mentoring initiatives that are practicing informal mentoring. Informal mentoring is a by-product of another relationship such as managing, coaching, teaching or tutoring. Informal mentoring most often lacks the intentionality of formal mentoring, including the commitment, duration, preparation, training, and monitoring of mentoring. In order to be considered a Friend of MMP, organizations must demonstrate they are meeting a minimum standard for the screening of their volunteer mentors by submitting a background check policy.
Requirements of Friends of MMP:
- Submit a signed indemnification contract releasing MMP of all liability relating to your mentoring activities.
- Be a youth serving organization. Youth serving organizations are defined as mentoring individuals 25 years of age or younger, which can include mentoring programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities as long as the program includes individuals under the age of 25 and family mentoring where there are minor children present.
- Share with MMP the types of evaluation your organization is utilizing to determine effectiveness of programming.
- Share a program narrative with MMP including information about the background and activities of your organization as well as information about the youth served. Please also include information on mentor characteristics (gender, age, where they come from, etc.).
- Pay membership dues (see sliding fee scale).
- Submit background check policy to MMP.
- Submit proof of insurance liability coverage for all mentors including child abuse and molestation coverage.
- Submit agreed upon data about programming activities to MMP in a timely manner.
For more information on Friends of MMP, please contact email@example.com.
To view information on Partner Membership, please click here.
To view information on Candidacy Membership, please click here.
MMP is grateful to have the opportunity to partner and collaborate with many supportive organizations.
Below are links to learn more about our community partners: