Collaborative Webinar Series: Exploring the Role of Risk in Youth Mentoring
Topic: Exploring the Role of Risk in Youth Mentoring Date: Thursday, May 16th Location: Web To register: Click here Description: This webinar will discuss the findings of "The Role of Risk" with researchers Carla Herrera and David DuBois and Washington State Mentors’ Janet Heubach, who facilitated the implementation of the project. This event will provide key insights into effectively working with youth across the spectrum of risk. Start Time: 12:00 PM Central End Time: 1:15 PM Central
EEP Training Updates
Over 20 staff from regional mentoring programs joined MMP for a day long training on the Elements of Effective Practice for Mentoring.
KETV Chronicle: Mentoring
KETV dedicated March 3rd Sunday Chronicle towards raising Mentoring Awareness and Opportunities in the Greater Omaha area. The chronicle featured mentoring stories along with an interview with Deborah Neary, Executive Director of MMP, and Willie Barney, President of Empowerment Network. Please click here to view the full story on KETV's website.
- Outstanding Collaborator: Oanh Heiser
- Mentor of the Year: Tess Larson, Nominated by Girls Inc.
- Business Advocate of the Year: OPPD, Nominated by Partnership 4 Kids
- Mentor of the Year: Laura Hopp, Nominated by Ollie Webb
- Business Advocate of the Year: Kiewit Company, Nominated by TeamMates
- Mentor of the Year: Elaine Bankey, Nominated by TeamMates
- Business Advocate of the Year: Kutak Rock, Nominated by Partnership 4 Kids
- Mentor of the Year: Don Bend, Nominated by Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands